A standard Home Insurance policy is designed to protect your primary residence and belongings in the event of a covered loss.  Many people don't realize that the coverage is only in force as long as the home is occupied full time.  If you own a home that is vacant for more than 30-60 days, you'll need a special type of insurance called Vacant Home/Dwelling Insurance.

A vacant home is susceptible to sustained damage from certain hazards, such as burglary, vandalism, house fires and burst pipes.  Since no one is home to prevent or report the loss, the risk for greater loss to the structure is increased.  By purchasing Vacant Home/Dwelling Insurance, your property is properly insured against the heightened risk for the following types of losses:

  • Theft or break-ins
  • Vandalism
  • Hail and wind
  • Lighting
  • Fire/smoke
  • Explosions
  • Burst pipes

If you own a home that is unoccupied and up for sale, or perhaps inherited a home from a family member that has passed away, Vacant Home/Dwelling Insurance is your best option to protect your property.  Contact us today for a free quote!